Jobs - Sales Director
Ovipost designs automated, scalable insect farming systems. We are a team of farmers, engineers, biologists, and creative problem-solvers with a passion for insects and the environment.
Our mission is to reduce carbon emissions and protect critical ecosystems while enhancing food security. Our insects consume agricultural byproducts and generate highly nutritious protein that can be used in a variety of food and feed applications. Ovipost’s current facilities in Florida and Mississippi grow crickets and superworms for use in pet food.
Ovipost is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ovipost is hiring a Sales Executive at the Director or VP level. You will be responsible for growing the sales and marketing engine for our existing product line of live insects, as well as building sales strategy around our upcoming product launches for insect powders, oils, and frass.
Today live insects are worth an estimated $175M annually in the United States, where they are used as bait for recreational fishing and feed for exotic pets. However, there is significant and growing demand for dried insects and insect powder, which can be used in a diverse range of products from protein bars for health-conscious consumers, to hypoallergenic dog food, to chicken treats or aquafeed. Together these markets are worth more than $250B, leaving plenty of room for growth in the young but fast-growing insect protein sector.
In this role, you will work closely with the leadership team to devise and implement sales strategies to sell both live and processed insects. Initially you will have one direct report, with a goal of growing and leading a larger sales org over time. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of sales leadership experience, with a preference for candidates who enjoy working in fast-paced startup environments.
Candidates should know how to track conversion rates, produce sales reports, and measure the ROI of various sales activities. The ideal candidate is someone who follows a data-driven, experiment-based approach that leans heavily on productivity enhancing tools and technology. You should be familiar with the term “growth hacking.”
We have a “no jerks” policy here at Ovipost. The ideal candidate will be both a student and a teacher—a team player and a collaborator. Your success depends on your ability to motivate, encourage, and support your team, as well as provide constructive feedback. We all grow together and win together.
- Define sales strategy, objectives, scope, budget, and timeline
- Track sales initiatives and provide regular status reports
- Develop sales/marketing experiments and measure ROI
- Communicate sales challenges and opportunities with the product team
- Nurture and grow a young sales organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers
- Prior sales leadership experience, preferably in the pet food or animal feed industry
- A can-do attitude with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility; consistently looks ahead and anticipates needs before they arise
- Fast-paced - you move fast and make things happen
- Highly organized, with a superpower of driving people & projects to measurable outcomes
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- A team player who excels in working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Computer skills are required (e.g., email, calendar, and shared drive)
- Experience with Google Suite (docs, sheets and slides)
- Willingness to travel. The role requires spending considerable time on-site at our facilities in Mississippi, Florida, and other future locations. You may also need to attend trade shows and other sales or marketing events on occasion.
- Bonus points for candidates with a passion for sustainability and food security
Location and Salary
- Ovipost runs farms in Labelle, Florida and Canton, Mississippi. We strongly prefer candidates who are local to one of our facilities or willing to relocate.
- This position includes salary, stock options, and a bonus or commission based on sales performance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- We offer flexible working hours, paid vacation, and the opportunity for growth.
How To Apply
To apply, email email@example.com with a short description of your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position. Please attach your CV/resume or provide a link to your LinkedIn profile.