Insect Farm is Hiring a Shipping and Quality Assurance Specialist (Labelle)
Compensation: $12 - $15 per hour depending on experience
Regular raises for good performance
Ovipost designs automated, scalable insect farming systems. We are a team of farmers, engineers, biologists, and creative problem-solvers with a passion for insects and the environment.
Our mission is to reduce carbon emissions and protect critical ecosystems while enhancing food security. Our insects consume agricultural byproducts and generate a highly nutritious protein that can be used in a variety of food and feed applications. Ovipost’s current facilities in Florida and Mississippi grow crickets and superworms for use in pet food.
Ovipost is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Work with shipping team to make sure orders are being packed and shipped correctly
- Work includes shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, order preparation, and basic inventory functions
- Perform labeling, sorting, taping, and packing live insects
- Operate technology including computers, a variety of software tools, digital communication channels, strapping machines, and case sealers
- Quality Assurance
- Measure and document product quality metrics, such as sizing, count, and defect levels
- Work with Customer Support team to track feedback, refunds, and complaints
- Track production metrics to ensure upcoming product meets QA standards
- Communicate with team when quality standards are at risk
- Inventory Management
- Take stock of inventory and regularly update in a spreadsheet
- Make and track purchasing requests based on inventory, including marking items as received when they arrive.
- $12 - $15 per hour depending on experience
- Paid Time Off for Vacation and Sick Days
- Strong computer skills. You must have experience using Excel or Google Sheets to log and analyze data.
- Excellent communication skills. Daily communication with the team using email, Slack, and in-person communication is a must. Some team members work best with clipboards and whiteboard lists whereas others are remote. You must be fluent in both digital and analog communication channels.
- Ability to learn new software
- Comfort performing Google searches when questions arise
- Sharp attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Team-oriented attitude
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Bonus points for past experience in Quality Assurance or Shipping Positions
This is a full-time position in Labelle, Florida that starts at 8 am on Monday - Friday. To apply, please email us with your CV/resume and a short description of why you’d like to work with us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly: $12 - $15/hour depending on experience
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Labelle, Florida (33935): Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location