Jobs - Repair & Maintenance Specialist
Insect Farm is Hiring Senior Repair & Maintenance Specialist (Labelle)
Compensation: $18-25 per hour depending on experience
Regular raises for good performance
Ovipost designs automated, scalable insect farming systems. We are a team of farmers, engineers, biologists, and creative problem-solvers with a passion for insects and the environment.
Our mission is to reduce carbon emissions and protect critical ecosystems while enhancing food security. Our insects consume agricultural byproducts and generate a highly nutritious protein that can be used in a variety of food and feed applications. Ovipost’s current facilities in Florida and Mississippi grow crickets and superworms for use in pet food.
Ovipost is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Safely and efficiently work with a variety of power tools to complete a multitude of tasks
- Regularly cleaning and maintaining equipment such as air conditioning units and other farm equipment
- This job focuses heavily on home repair as well as farm construction including tasks such as: hanging doors, installing trim, replacing window and wall panels, etc.
- Servicing of electrical units, plumbing equipment, and woodworking structures
- Transporting items around the farm using a forklift or trailer
- Design and implement a repair/maintenance schedule for our tools, equipment, and buildings
- Identify and fix small issues before they become big issues (e.g. find and correct user errors that increase wear and tear and/or endanger the user)
- Communicating with team members to solve problems and maintain updates on project status and completion
- Develop rules, guidelines, and processes that help the facility run smoothly
- Ability to work on both farm and residential projects
- $18-25 per hour depending on experience
- Paid Time Off for Vacation and Sick Days
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate heavy machinery
- High level understanding of construction and maintenance responsibilities
- Reliable experience in electrical, plumbing, and wood construction
- Must be able to run a shovel
- Superior knowledge of painting and finishing work
- Must have excellent work ethic and take constructive criticism well
- Excellent communication skills. Daily communication with the team using email, Slack, and in-person communication is a must. Some team members work best with clipboards and whiteboard lists whereas others are remote. You must be fluent in both digital and analog communication channels.
- Basic knowledge of spreadsheets and Google office software
- Ability to learn new software
- Comfort performing Google searches when questions arise
- Sharp attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Team-oriented attitude
- Highly reliable
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Bonus points for knowing how to run a Kubota tractor and forklift
This is a full-time position in Labelle, Florida that starts at 9 am on Monday - Friday. To apply, please email us with your CV/resume, reference list, and a short description of why you’d like to work with us.
You must submit a list of professional references to be considered for this position.
Working schedule is 9 am - 5 pm Monday - Friday, however, hours can be flexible with adequate notice.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly: $18-25 /hour depending on experience
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Labelle, Florida (33935): Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location