Jobs - Insect Farmer
Insect Farm is Hiring Immediately, Apply Now! (Canton, MS)
Ovipost designs automated, scalable insect farming systems. We are a team of farmers, engineers, biologists, and creative problem-solvers with a passion for insects and the environment.
Our mission is to reduce carbon emissions and protect critical ecosystems while enhancing food security. Our insects consume agricultural byproducts and generate a highly nutritious protein that can be used in a variety of food and feed applications. Ovipost’s current facilities in Florida and Mississippi grow crickets and superworms for use in pet food.
Ovipost is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are creative, inclusive, fast-paced and our goal is to grow the best insects with the best people.
Our work environment includes:
- Casual work attire
- On-the-job training
- Cool bug facts
Compensation: $13.00 per hour starting pay, with opportunity for advancement
- Tasks involve feeding and watering insects, cleaning, harvesting and boxing orders, mowing the lawn, and other basic farm work
- We expect you to show up on time, work hard, and be interested in learning
- We notice when employees go above and beyond. We love giving raises and promotions when deserved
Special Requirements/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. following appropriate safety procedures
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; be able to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time, climbing stairs, navigating the property/building quickly and easily as required to meet the job functions
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment occasionally to complete assigned job tasks
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas
- You must be legally able to work in the United States
- We are looking for a W2 employee. We do not pay under-the-table or in cash
- You must be at least 18 years old
Those with allergies and/or existing respiratory conditions may be at greater risk of developing allergies to insects or having an adverse reaction to dusty conditions on the farm. Please be aware that this job is best suited for those who do not have insect allergies or difficulty breathing in hot, dusty environments.
Ovipost is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Paid Time Off for Vacation and Sick Days
- No experience necessary
- Bring a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Reliable transportation is required
This is a full-time position in Canton, Mississippi that starts at 8 am on Monday - Friday. To apply, please fill out our application form here and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
If you have a resume, CV, or a document you'd like to send, please email it to email@example.com. Note that we care more about your ability to show up and do the work than your ability to put together a polished resume. So don't sweat it.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $13.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canton, MS 39046: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person